When you have a chimney, stove, or fireplace service appointment with us at Fluesbrothers Chimney & Fireplace, we want you to get the best service possible. We’ll do all we can, but we actually need you to help make our best service happen. We would appreciate it if you were to take note of the following, so that you can get the most out of your service appointment.
We strongly urge that one of the homeowners requesting service be at home when our chimney technician gets there because fireplaces are confusing. You may have questions and expectations, and there may be things we need to discuss about the condition of your fireplace or chimney. To help ensure your availability, we’ll send appointment reminders by email and suggest that you add our address to your contact list to prevent our messages from going to spam.
Let the Unit Cool
Don’t use the wood, gas, or pellet heating appliance that we’ll be working on for at least 24 hours before we arrive for our chimney service appointment. This includes gas fireplaces and stoves. Even though the flames can go out instantly on a gas appliance, the elements are still hot, which hinders the ability of our chimney sweep technicians to do the best possible job for you.
Please remove any fragile items that may be on the fireplace mantel or nearby. The chimney, fireplace, and stove services we provide are a form of construction. Accidents can easily happen if the area isn’t cleared of breakable items, even though our technicians do everything they can to protect your home while performing their work. Also, please clear about a 6-foot area around the hearth for us to work in.
We ask that dogs and cats be put away when our technician arrives for a chimney service appointment. We don’t want your pets to run out the door. Securing pets away from our work area prevents bites and keeps the pets from having an accident on our tarp. It’s also difficult to talk while a dog is barking.
More Tips to Prepare for a Chimney Service Call
- If you have installation manuals, it would be great if they could be available. This helps the technician do an even better inspection. Every fireplace has unique requirements.
- If a return trip is required, another service call fee must be charged. While we respect our clients and their time, we want everything to be clear. Time is money, as they say, and our chimney sweeps are not expected to work for free.
- Electricity is needed for us to do our work.
- Never run an attic fan before or during the appointment because of the negative pressure it creates. It’s not good if air is flowing down the chimney while we are working because it results in chimney dust getting into the home.
- We suggest you write down any questions you have before we arrive, to make your experience better.
- We let our clients know what they can expect and how long a service call should take. When we are en route, we’ll call you so that you know when we’ll be there. We avoid wasting anyone’s time.
- You can always check our website for any special offers, such as on waterproofing, chimney caps, etc.
- When our chimney service call is completed, we take payment and the chimney sweeps go over everything.
- We offer a free 60-day service warranty, which is rare in the industry.
- We offer financing. The reality is that chimneys are often neglected and they fall apart over time. Most chimneys need maintenance right now, whether they are used or not.
Contact Fluesbrothers Today
When our clients know how to help ensure that a chimney service call goes smoothly, we find that they are happier customers. If your chimney needs attention, don’t wait. Spring and summer are the best times for maintenance services because our time is sometimes scheduled for weeks in advance come fall and winter. Call Fluesbrothers Chimney & Fireplace today at (913) 236-7141.