Fluesbrothers Chimney Service of Kansas City, KS, provides chimney cleaning, chimney repairs, chimney inspections and appliance installation for our customers in Liberty, MO, and other local communities including Claycomo, MO, Pleasant Valley, MO, Glenaire, MO, Roosterville, MO, Chandler, MO, Stockdale, MO, and Missouri City, MO.
To enjoy your fireplace fully, you must know that it’s safe and in excellent operating condition. This can be accomplished by regular chimney cleaning, inspection and repair services done by professionals who understand your fireplace and chimney inside and out.
Annual chimney cleaning is recommended by all fire-safety agencies to ensure your chimney is safe to use. Our certified chimney sweeps focus on two elements when we clean your chimney:
- Remove flammable creosote to protect against chimney fires. Most of these fires are caused by creosote, which gradually builds up every time you burn logs in your fireplace.
- Remove obstructions that may have entered the flue such as twigs, leaves and animal nests. When the flue is narrowed by obstructions, smoke drafts improperly, sometimes backing up into the home and carrying with it dangerous carbon monoxide.
Regular chimney inspections are critical for fireplace and chimney safety. When our CSIA-certified chimney technicians inspect your chimney, we cover all the bases to find out if and where any damage exists and then recommend the right solution to fix it.
We check your chimney cap, flashing, crown and exterior masonry. Compromises in any of these areas can allow water to infiltrate the system and cause significant damage. We also inspect the fireplace damper, the smoke chamber and the interior of the flue including the flue liner. When you spot problems early, you save money on expensive repairs.
A common reason we’re called out to homes in Liberty, MO, and surrounding areas is because of chimney leaks. Various signs such as efflorescence on the chimney’s masonry, water in the firebox and musty odors coming from the fireplace mean water is somehow getting into the system.
- Along with fixing leaky chimneys, our NFI-certified techs perform a wide range of chimney repair services including:
- Brick replacement
- Seal-coating the exterior masonry to protect against water damage
- Repair and installation of fireplace throat dampers and top sealing chimney dampers
- CrownSeal crown repair
- Masonry repair work including tuckpointing
- Chimney liner repair and installation
- Smoke chamber repair
- Chimney flashing repair and installation
- Firebox rebuild
- And other repairs to keep your chimney and fireplace running safely and efficiently
When the masonry of a chimney becomes compromised through water damage, severe weather events, house setting or old age, it’s time to have professional chimney masonry work performed. We can restore operational integrity to your chimney by tuckpointing to replace missing areas of mortar and bricks, waterproofing and other tasks that should only be done by individuals with training and experience.
If your chimney has been suffering from damage for years, it might be necessary to rebuild part or all of it. A severely compromised chimney is a dangerous chimney. Not only can it completely fall apart, if there is great damage internally, your home’s building materials can be subject to enough heat to start a fire. Our certified chimney technicians have proven expertise to rebuild your chimney and give you back your peace of mind.
Are you looking to add a new fireplace, stove or fireplace insert to your home? We can help you determine the best model to match your heating requirements and decorative tastes. If you need your new appliance installed, our crews have years of hands-on experience in the safe and correct installation of all types of home-heating appliances.
The cleaner your clothes dryer vent is, the better your dryer will run. Clogged vents mean the machine must work harder, which means more cost for you and greater wear and tear on moving parts. Our certified dryer exhaust technicians will get your dyer vent cleaned quickly and completely.
Fluesbrothers Chimney Service of Kansas City, KS, is standing by to help with all your chimney cleaning, repair, inspection and maintenance needs. Find out how we’ve earned our reputation as the best in the region by calling (913) 236-7141.