Service Technician/ Handyman Apprentice
Sign On Bonus Eligible!
We are more than just a job, we are a small business that cares about our employees and our customers. Year-round work. Double time offered during the winter. In-house training provided. Brick and mortar location. Corporate membership benefits to Top Golf, company outings, weekly pay and more!
Job duties include working with power tools, safety equipment along with scaffolding/ladders, documentation with iPad technology, explaining chimney issues to clients, masonry repair (will train), and minor roofing repair.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: Starts at $18/hour based upon experience
- COVID-19 Considerations: If selected for an in-person interview, please wear a mask.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Able to work outside year-round in temperature and weather extremes
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Ability to write inspections and reports using clear and concise grammar and trade-specific language
- Desire to learn and grow
- No fear of confined spaces
- Ability to climb ladders with no fear of heights
- Ability to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Ability to work over-time if needed during the busy season
- Ability to pass the certification exam within 6 months of hire
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving history
- Ability to pass an employment offer drug screen and background check
- High School diploma or equivalent, college preferred
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Competitive earnings potential
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Earnings on Sales
- Paid Ongoing Training and Education
- $1/hour raise once CCP certified
- Double time pay offered during the winter months
- Corporate membership privileges at Top Golf
- Sign On bonus
- Company Outings
- Weekly Pay
Interested Candidates Should Call Our Office At 913-236-7141 For More Information
Apply Online Here
Fluesbrothers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Fluesbrothers Story
Jeremy Biswell started his chimney sweeping career over a decade and a half ago. Shortly after receiving his degree in “Chimology” from the NCSG Chimney Sweeping School, Jeremy started Fluesbrothers Chimney Service in the Kansas City metro area. Since then, Jeremy has returned and attended the numerous class offerings of the CSIA tech center. Since day one, Jeremy has been a big supporter of the industry.
Jeremy is a past president of the NCSG. He is also a CSIA-certified Master Chimney Sweep (#4749), a CSIA-Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician, and holds CCP and NFI certifications as well.