Wood Burning Fireplace Inserts In Kansas City – Fireplace Installations, Cleaning & Repair

regency wood burning fireplace insert install in shawnee mission ksFluesbrothers Chimney Service of Kansas City provides professional wood-burning fireplace insert installations for our customers in Olathe, KS, Shawnee, KS, Rosedale, KS, Fort Leavenworth KS, Basehor, KS, Leavenworth, KS, and throughout the greater Kansas City, KS/Kansas City/MO, region.

If you’ve ever been in a home that has a powerful wood-burning fireplace insert, the first thing you probably noticed was . . . heat!  Modern wood inserts are factory-built to perfectly fit into the firebox of an existing open-burning fireplace and produce far more heat than that old fireplace ever could.

The Heat Advantage in Wood Inserts

Fireplaces and stoves are rated for their ability to turn burning fuel into useable heat. Traditional masonry fireplaces, for example, often max out at efficiency ratings between 10% and 20% and sometimes much less. What that tells you is, from all the heat the burning wood logs produce, only one-fifth of it, at best, will end up in the room to warm the air. The other 80% or so floats up the chimney, never to be heard from again.

Wood-burning fireplace inserts, on the other hand, commonly receive heat efficiency ratings of 70% and higher. You don’t have to be a math wizard to see the dramatic difference in warming capability between an insert and a wide-open masonry fireplace.

Wood-Burning Insert Operation & Aesthetics

Wood fireplace inserts, when installed properly by a CSIA-certified technician, operate the same way as traditional wood-burning fireplaces. You stack the logs in the firebox and light the fire, and it’s not long before you hear the unmistakable cracking and popping and see the beautiful leaping flames dancing in the fireplace.

Inserts have their own venting system that runs up through your existing flue and includes an air intake and exhaust function.  Heat from the fire is delivered to the room by a blower, and glass doors create a highly efficient closed-combustion system.  As with any wood-burning appliance, annual cleaning is recommended to remove flammable creosote from inside the flue and ensure safe and efficient operation.

Modern wood-burning fireplace inserts from top names like Valor, Regency, Napoleon and Enviro are available in a wide range of gorgeous styles and finishes. This makes it easy for you to select just the right look in your new insert to perfectly match your aesthetic tastes.

wood burning insert installation kansas city moFireplace Insert Selection & Installation

Fluesbrothers skilled fireplace and stove technicians are happy to help you shop for the ideal wood insert that will bring you the level of heat you desire and safely work with your existing flue system. Once you’ve selected your insert, we’ll professionally install it for you.

Our techs are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America and the National Fireplace Institute. They’ve demonstrated an extremely high level of practical knowledge and technical training that guarantees your new insert will be properly installed and safely set up in accord with manufacturer’s guidelines and safety/building code regulations.

If you’ve been living with an old, underperforming masonry fireplace, maybe now is the time to step up to more heat and higher performance with a modern wood-burning fireplace insert. To get started, or if you have questions about any of our services, call us today at (913) 236-7141.